Tuesday 14 May 2013

Advertising or sponsorship + new podcasts

I feel that both this blog and the two podcasts I run (www.pmicast.podbean.com and www.whereswilson.podbean.com) now have sufficiently large audiences that I would in the future like to monetize them by offering interested and relevant parties the opportunity to sponsor or advertise within them.

At present the total hits on both mediums run at well over 7,000 per month (around 1,000 to 1,200 subscribers to PMICast, 600 to Where's Wilson + around 3,000 website 'listens' per month for both podcasts combined plus 2,500+ blog readers each month too here, I've also got around 2,500 twitter followers too) and it is quite easy to understand the likely demographics of who is visiting based on the content. I think we have a good story to tell for any business who wants to expose their company to interested and enthusiastic people who are sophisticated and understand the world around them.

Any commercial relationships will be low key in that they will not affect the content nor be 'rammed' down readers or listeners throats but will allow more time and professionalism to enter into the process with an additional income stream over time in to my new media activities.

I'm also going to offer free sponsorship (no strings attached) and adverts in all media for the first couple of months with no oblation as well to enable supporters to get a feel for what I'm doing and also make sure that the sponsorship process works for them or their business. So if you or anyone you know would like to engage with me to in the first instance get some free advertising please feel free to get in touch - pmicast@gmail.com or pkn4395@gmail.com or call on 07792 075748.

In addition I'm also looking to expand the two podcasts I currently run into a kind of mini media network. I'd also like to co-host a skeptical podcast and one centred around business more generally. To include these new 'casts I would definitely need some kind of additional funding to justify the time involved - if you'd like to be involved from either a production, co-hosting or sponsorship standpoint please do feel free to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment