Monday 17 March 2014

Using Linkedin for Marketing

I'm always very wary of bombarding prospects with marketing information but as I've mentioned here before, marketing regularly is the lifeblood of any business and for me I'm very keen to ensure I have a good pipeline of business to work through.

The key I think is discipline in marketing, whatever you do, do it consistently whether you are busy or quiet. In fact marketing is something you should do even more regularly if you're busy, that's if you want to stay busy !

However, as I say above I do not want to annoy people. Over the last three or four years I've used Linkedin fairly sporadically as a marketing tool. My main focus has been on picking up new introducers and have been fairly successful in this regards. I've also managed to pick up a couple of clients directly too.

I've recently decided to ramp up my marketing to members of groups I contribute to on Linkedin on the basis that we are all networking professionals using this business social network to get out messages out to those with similar interests.

So if you do receive a note through from me and find your way to my business via this blog I wanted to say 'hi' and please feel free to market reciprocally to me - I always try and buy from fellow professional using Linkedin where possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment