Monday 1 March 2010

Part 2 of our interview with Richard from Focused Hypnosis


Here's the concluding part of the interview we began yesterday :



When visiting what can a patient/client expect during their treatment ?

I have a process which gives my treatment plan a structure so clients can expect to have an initial consultation where no hypnotherapy is done. This first session allows me to get as much information as possible about the client, their issue and where they would like to be with that issue in the future. Once I have this information I develop a treatment plan which involves anything from one to 8 or so sessions. The length of treatment very much depends on the issue, the individual and the goal they have set for themselves.
Everyone is a unique individual which means that everyone experiences hypnotherapy in their own way. Some people don't hear a word I say when they are hypnotised and can't remember a thing while others are hyper-vigilant and pay very close attention to every word. Some clients swear that they weren't hypnotised because they say they remember everything that happened but it is possible to hear the words I say AND to be hypnotised. Some clients feel very heavy while they are in a trance while others fell very light. Time distortion is also a common feature - some clients are shocked to open their eyes and to discover that an hour has passed because to them it felt like 20 minutes.

How do you see your practice developing in coming months and years ?

I have big plans for my business! I plan to grow and develop it steadily and sustainably by adding treatment options and focusing on different areas where my skills can be useful. My 1-2-1 treatments are going very well and the numbers of clients I am seeing is steadily growing. My main focus for 2010 is to maintain this growth in my 1-2-1 work while also developing my corporate services. Sheffield has a large number of call centres and hypnotherapy can be a very effective tool in helping the staff in these kinds of places to be happier, less stressed and more healthy. The employers as a result then have greater staff retention, better customer service and ultimately a more profitable business. Everyone wins!
I also hope to qualify as a Cognitive Behaviour Therapist within the next year or two which will allow me to take on consultation work through the NHS. CBT is being used very effectively to help people with depression especially which is something I am very interested in looking at and developing. 

From our original discussions when you joined Localventure I know you're trying to raising money for a very important no smoking charity on the build up to National No Smoking Day - could you give us some more details on this ?

National No Smoking day is on 10th March 2010 and to tie in with this I am hoping to be able to raise £3,000 for Weston Park cancer charity here in Sheffield. In the month of March I am reducing the cost of my stop smoking programme by £65 so the total cost of the 4 hour course is just £195. Of this £195 I will be donating £65 to Weston Park on behalf of each client. This special price and the fundraising will last for all of March. I am tying this fund raising in with some advertising in a Sheffield magazine and I will also be featured in the local press too which should help me to raise the £3,000.

Lastly, If there was one piece of advice you could give to someone about to set up a small business what would it be ?

Don't be shy! You need to approach people and tell them what you are doing, what you are planning and what help you would like to make your plans otherwise how will anyone know about your business? I have met several people in the last year who thought it was enough to set up a website and state their business and that work would come flooding in. It very rarely happens this way. You need to get out there and tell people about why your product or service is so great. People buy from people so get out there are start telling people about yourself. If you are the shy type I can recommend seeing a hypnotherapist who should be able to help you boost your self confidence!


Lots and lots of great information and advice from Richard and I'd like to take the opportunity to thank him for giving up his valuable time to speak to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment