Thursday 4 March 2010

2nd part of our interview with Rachel from LaFeeNoire



You may recall that yesterday we were talking with Rachel about the origins of her business and her interest in SPD and her new 'Hug-a-Bump' product, here's the second half of our discussions moving on to some more generic business based topics :


We always like to finish our interviews with some business based advice, can I ask you two things :

Firstly, whats the best thing you did when setting up your business ?

Self funded my start-up from previous career earnings. I earned a high level of income recruiting independantly which allowed me to source my stock , produce my website etc without the worry of starting out with debt. Clealry things change but it meant I could live my life and set up my business without the added pressure of owing someone for the privilage!

and to finish what's the one mistake you made that  you've learned from most ?
Trying to create my own website on the cheap! Its false economy. Dont think you can do it all! I started with a  makeshift DIY website, which although it taught me invaluable knowledge in SEO and basic HTML and web promotion, it took all my time and still looked totally amateur.  Take the plunge and seek a web designer with a track record. Research the market so you know who you are up against and how to keep up with them as they evolve.

Some really fantastic advice and information from Rachel there and I'd like to thank her for being involved in our second business interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment