Monday 29 March 2010

Business Interview with Andy from My6Fytness in Manchester

My6Fytness were the first personal training business to become a member of Localventure and in addition, andy from My6 has I think both an interesting story in terms of business and his approach plus a really innovative, niche fitness program in development. From both a business and personal angle I thought it was worth running one of our interviews with him.


Here's our third Locaventure interview :


As the first personal trainer on the Localventure blog Andy could you give us some insight into how you came to set up your business and perhaps a little about what you did before ?



I worked 84hrs a week in a factory and as you can probably guess I wasn't
happy loved the money usually around £1000 a week take home pay.The closure
of the plant and redundancy was a shock but i took it as a huge
oppertunity.I retrained as a personal trainer working out was and still is a
lifelong passion.

What does a 'day in the life'  look like for you on a typical work day ?

 A normal day for me is up at 6 do my wife a brew and start getting
ready for the day.i only ever do 25hrs a week as i think that is a good
balance between focus on the client and fiscal needs.So 3 clients a day
usually morning afternoon and evening as well as on line clients seeking
hints and tips or just plain confidence building.
  
How do you usually get hold of new clients ?






The internet is a wonderful tool for getting clients but then so
is word of mouth and a good reputation



I know that the subject of infertility is very close to your heart both personally and now professionally with the new work out program you're preparing. Can you tell us about how that evolved ?

Newly married and starting a new career and business a baby was the next step but unfortunately my sperm count was nil or very close to it and the ones that were there had coughs.So I put all my experience and 40yrs of knowledge in training and fitness to
work.Experimenting with different weight`s and reps I came up with really
heavy full body exercises that are designed to boost testosterone and
produce more sperm,the baby is due in November and we were over the moon - my
last count came out at over 42million (21 million being the norm)so it works.
Now I'm working to refine it for clients.



As a business owner, what advice would you give someone setting up a service based business ?

My advice to anyone setting up in business is get solid support
from your family and friends,it`s easier if your on your own so you only
have yourself to worry about.Do somthing your passionate about and be
prepared to lose all and gain everything half measures won`t cut it.

What 2 things would you recommend to a new start up ?

 My tips for opening a new business would be use common sense if it
seem`s to good to be true it usually will be.Do your research - mountain
climbing trips to Holland won`t sell but bicycles but riding trips will

Andy Mac - My6Fytness, Manchester
W. www.my6fytness.com


1 comment:

  1. Very nice post. Information posted here is very helpful. I like the blog very much. Thanks to the admin of this blog.

    ReplyDelete