Monday 28 April 2014

Not quite as young as once I was

Trained tonight and during the warm up before I actually did anything my calf seems to have developed a bijou tear and frankly its bloody agony and annoying.

Goes to show I suppose that as a 43 year old I'm not quite as spry and nimble as I perhaps think. The annoying part was that I didn't do anything extreme, violent or sudden I just put my foot on the ground and the muscle just went from under me. Stupidly though I carried on (hopping) for another 50 minutes and have probably done more damage to the injury.

So I'll need to rest up some prior to training on Wednesday !

1 comment:

  1. I didn't train on Wednesday - leg had improved but still could't put full weight on it. Seems better today and I managed some light exercises and kata and although it is tight and sore I should be fully mobile by tomorrow and hopefully running again by the weekend.

    ReplyDelete