Monday 15 April 2013

Was this the longest easter break ever ?

Working for myself I'm very aware of the business 'ebb and flow' that is created by the annual holidays - the quiet in the lead up to Christmas followed by the manic first four weeks back when everyone realises they didn't quite quite everything done before the shut up shop to drink and eat themselves stupid.

Normally I don't see too much of an issue with Easter - however, this year the Easter 'slowdown' seems to have gone on for ever !

I first noticed things going quiet around the Monday or Tuesday before Good Friday - calls weren't coming back in and a couple of people mentioned they wanted to get away before the kids broke up. Of course then there was then the long weekend from Friday 29th of March through to the following Monday. Thursday 28th was when the kids broke up from school so instantly everyone with children (seemed) to stop working - I even took three or four days off myself in the ensuing couple of weeks.

I'm now sat here writing this blog post on Monday the 15th of April and having driven Mrs Localventure to work this morning through almost non-existant traffic and since the schools are now back I'm assuming this was people taking a day or two off now the kids are out of the way - will the Easter break ever end - I'm assuming (hoping) that things will bet back to normal around Wednesday or Thursday this week - that means since the Monday before Good Friday it will have been a total of 23 or so days of relative business inactivity - now I'm looking forward to Spring Bank - I'm guessing that will probably begin imminently !

Let's all get back to work and help some clients, make some money etc

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment