Thursday 21 March 2013

NHS Failure, Chief Executive pay

I'm self employed.

If I do not work and more to the point, if I am not effective when I advise clients and undertake marketing programs then putting it simply I do not earn.

I'm actually fairly open and relaxed about admin and management issues in the NHS - in any large (nay enormous) organisation there has to be a robust management structure with rules and expenditure on the running of NHS Trusts and so forth. This means that it is inevitable that things will go wrong, miscommunications happen and that admin procedures simply don't work.

However, when an NHS Trust fails and the former Chief Exec is still being paid his full (£225K) salary it is offensive frankly - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21871285

Surely there's a way to suspend someone with no pay pending full investigation of the problems at the hospital. Even if it is proven that he was in no way responsible surely given it is public money that is being paid then details of the settlement need to be made public - after all if it were me and I was fully exonerated by such an investigation and paid £ 225,000 I'd want people to know I'd done nothing wrong and deserved the payout.

No comments:

Post a Comment