Monday 15 February 2010

Twitter and a general news update

Good morning everyone, had a some really good success with prospecting on Friday and we picked up a number of new clients from only a couple of dozen sales contacts.

One of our existing clients, Rob at RS Book-Keeping has been kind enough to offer a 25% discount on his annual fees to all Localventure companies and I am giving details of this to all new members as they join and I hope that over time other LV companies will be able to offer similar discounts, offers etc. - the main of this blog is to provide support and information of interest to small business and entrepreneurs and a sense of community and involvement it vital to make this project work I believe.

Normally I try to make a lot of noise on Twitter as well as here on the blog. Unfortunately I'm struggling to get onto the website this morning - as a result, if you're an avid Twitter watcher I can only apologise that we've gone temporarily quiet on that front for the time being.

I wanted to list of clients so far - now we're getting a few, I'm going to list be sector and area - over time I plan to migrate the blog to a proper website and still feature all of our clients on the new site for free (we'll eventually start to drive revenue by providing other enhanced services for new and existing clients over time - the core proposition - supporting business will of course remain totally gratis!). When we do move to a new site I'm beginning to think how we'll feature your business - and I'm open to suggestions - size, sector, market, location, b2b, b2c - all options up for consideration. If anyone does have ideas I'm open to suggestions.

Here's our list for the time being :

Company                                               Sector                       Location

Select Security Systems                      Alarms/Security          Leeds
Mike Lester Photography                     Photographer              Leeds
Invitations for all Occasions                 Wedding                      Leeds
MPS Electrical                                       Electrical                      Leeds
RS Book-Keeping                                 Book Keeping              Pontefract    
MCC Small Electrical                           Electrical                       Leeds

(there is a focus on West Yorkshire at present simply by virtue of the database i'm using for prospecting - hopefully we'll expand across the UK over time).

Lastly, I wanted to recommend a book I've just started to read - you might know from previous posts I'm part way through How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie (still haven't finished and will review in full when I'm done), I've also just picked up 'Don't Sweat the Small Stuff ... and it's all small stuff' by richard Carlson. A short pithy book full of practical exercises to really take the edge off stressful situations both in business and life in general. I'm around two thirds of the way through and enjoying it immensely and finding it useful. I'll review fully in a later post but would certainly suggest picking up a copy from your local independent book retailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment