Wednesday 11 December 2013

Karate Grading on Sunday

Well I now have three full days before my 1st Dan black belt grading early on Sunday.

I have been upping the aerobic training for stamina and kata practice for, well to practice the kata's. Haven't been able to do as much as I would like due to pressure of work for what seems like weeks but I would say I'm 90% fit and hopefully know enough to have a very good go at the grading.

This of course is my second black belt grading. In my previous style I was a senior black belt (style called Tai Sabaki Do - the way of the avoiding body - this club is unfortunately now closed and I re-started in Shukokai karate at my present club in early 2010) and took my first black belt in 1986 at the age of 16 and then a second dan grading in 1992. So its now over 20 years and I'm raring to go.

Perhaps I'm not as fast or as fit as I was in my teens and twenties but what I lack in speed I make up for in power (I'm certainly a little heavier than I was back then) and also a little wiser - now I sit back and watch a little more than I did previously - still expect to be (almost literally) working to the point of nausea on Sunday.

Wish me luck and assuming I survive the experience I will of course report back next week.

__________
__________

No comments:

Post a Comment