Wednesday 20 May 2015

Excellence in Customer Service from Fitbit

It really doesn't take much.

I know that companies make mistakes and I have always said that the strength of a business is not whether we make errors - humans make loads, computers more and most companies have loads of both.

No, I've always thought that the strength of a business is not in the number or severity of mistakes it makes (although severe repeated mistakes are obviously of concern !) but rather in the speed and facility by which they repair the errors.

So unusually for my blog I have a quick story of a success - a business who have frankly astounded me with their responsiveness. Take a look at the pic below :

Fitbit Charge - purchase Jan 2015
This is my Fitbit charge bought four months ago. I noticed on Sunday afternoon that the strap casing is coming away next to the LCD unit (centre right of the picture) and contacted their customer service automated e-mail address with details.

24 hours later I have a response with clear info they need to assess the damage and come up with a solution. Within three hours of my reply to that message this morning I have a reply back from their warranty team confirming that a new Fitbit is on it's way to me within 7 to 10 days.

Sorted, minimum of hassle and I also get to keep the old damaged one which as they suggest, I will recycle.

Really nice to deal with a company who understand the need to sort out customers - cannot speak highly enough of the process + love the Fitbit product anyway and their back up software which I also use dozens of times a day.

Quick update to the above post :

Fitbit just e-mailed me back - here's what they said :

Hello Phil,

In behalf of the whole Fitbit team, you're very welcome!

Here at Fitbit our main goal and concern is to provide our customers with a quick and simple solution, striving to always provide the best customer service.

Thank you for being a part of the Fitbit family.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, we'll be happy to assist.

No comments:

Post a Comment