Thursday 23 February 2017

A catch up post ...

Couple of things I wanted to get off my chest.

Firstly Storm Debra or Deirdre or whatever the Met Office are calling it is about to hit Scotland and the North of England with (apparently) gusts of wind up to 90 mph but averaging around 50 mph and snow (30 cm on high ground in Scotland) rain and so forth. This storm has been headline news on all the breakfast shows. My question is though, isn't it supposed to be cold, windy and snowy in Winter ? Suck it up guys, this is simply the usual British weather. In other breaking news this morning : water is wet, dogs hate cats and Donald Trump is still a liar.

It's starting to get to me in shops when you pay on your debit card and the assistant asks me if I want my receipt. Two things. Firstly if I don't take the receipt how will I remember to deduct the money from my bank account balance to know how much money I have left and secondly with no receipt how do I prove, if asked, that I paid for goods and didn't shoplift them ?

No comments:

Post a Comment