Wednesday 24 August 2016

Do you need a corporate wellness strategy

In my recent blog post on the subject (http://localventure.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/corporate-wellness-strategy-do-you-need.html) I talked about the different types of insurance products and support services that can assist your company with keeping staff happy, well and productive.

It's amazing how many clients I speak to who really do not have a wellness strategy at all for their staff, who in fact do not really give it any thought at all. Is this approach short sighted ?

It is not my role to bully or cajole clients into understanding that they do need a strategy around their human capital but to me it simply stands to reason - if you don't invest in your staff's workplace, mental and physical well-being then they will not be contented or motivated to work to their full capacity and inevitably they will take more and more time off work - it may be easier for some to think of this as a purely financial transaction, a little money spent in advance of the problem prevents future breakdown.

A little bit like spending money on maintaining a car to prevent it breaking down at a later date with a more catastrophic and expensive fault later on.

Although not directly analogous/applicable to this situation a friend of mine came out with an expression recently that although I had not heard or used before made me wish it was mine :

"Buy cheap, Be prepared to Buy twice"

Seems reasonably relevant and more or less covers my point above I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment