Friday 10 May 2013

Being a leader or a follower in business ?

Had a bit of an odd situation arise a month ago and I will not go into specifics. Suffice to say that an idea I'd had that was pretty unique and I think good for my business was queried by someone.

I don't enjoy or encourage confrontation but nor do I take criticism (constructive or otherwise) well
as I'm sure Mrs Localventure would second. I suspect the critique I received was based on an incomplete understanding of the process in which I was engaged but I considered quite an aggressive response nonetheless. In the final analysis however I went with a more conciliatory approach and am, happy not to have burned any bridges.

In the final analysis as a business owner I tend to go with my gut and what I think is best for my clients or business without too much regard for what others (who are not as involved or informed as they might suppose) think.

It goes to show though that when you try something new or take a lead there is always someone waiting to take a shot because of fear, jealousy or simply being pedantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment